Monday, December 05, 2005
It's lunch time and I'm mid-bite of my overheated, leftover pizza, when it strikes me that I received a jury summons some time ago. I recall that the date for which I was supposed to call in was some time in early December. I frantically call my husband to see if he's at home for lunch and if he could check the date on the summons.
Ah yes, I was scheduled to call this past Friday to find out if my group would be called in on Monday. And sure enough, I was supposed to report at 8:30 a.m. this morning to the San Francisco Jury Office. It's 12:15!! Freaking out here!!
Fortunately, I was able to reschedule to 8:30 a.m. tomorrow. And hopefully, I can remember not to forget.
Ah yes, I was scheduled to call this past Friday to find out if my group would be called in on Monday. And sure enough, I was supposed to report at 8:30 a.m. this morning to the San Francisco Jury Office. It's 12:15!! Freaking out here!!
Fortunately, I was able to reschedule to 8:30 a.m. tomorrow. And hopefully, I can remember not to forget.
UPDATE:
After spending the better part of the day in the Jury Assembly Room, and not having a good excuse to get me out of jury duty (i.e., student, lacking adequate command of the english language), the best I could do was defer my "civic duty" until May 1, 2006.
After spending the better part of the day in the Jury Assembly Room, and not having a good excuse to get me out of jury duty (i.e., student, lacking adequate command of the english language), the best I could do was defer my "civic duty" until May 1, 2006.
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
