CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

(17 weeks) What's new?!


Jimmy and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary (Apr 10) by going to dinner and a show this past Saturday. As I was trying to get ready, I was frantically putting on and taking off all my clothes I thought might fit. At one point, I thought I was going to cry when I couldn't get the zipper up on a skirt I wore just five weeks earlier.

I'm definitely at that wierd in-between stage of pregnancy. In my mind, I'm not quite pregnant enough to wear maternity clothes because when I put them on, they just make me look frumpy and fat. But I'm getting "large" enough, where my normal clothing just doesn't quite fit right. I was thoroughly depressed.

*************************************************************************

It was my understanding that pregnant women pee'd a lot during the beginning and later stages of pregnancy. In the beginning, there is an increased blood flow to the pelvic region as the uterus prepares for embryonic and fetal growth. I did indeed pee a lot then. I read that as the baby grows larger during the later stages of pregnancy, the bladder really feels this pressure, which results in increased urges to pee.

Well, I pee almost every half hour and I hate it. I've done the pee-pee dance more times in the last week than I bet I did when I was four. I have to go several times in the middle of the night, as well. As such, I've gotten to the point that I refuse to go more than once in the middle of the night because the bathroom is just too far (there's a really long hallway from our bedroom). I know....I'm lazy. I'm sure this will all certainly change.

*************************************************************************

We had our 16 week appointment last Thursday. It was most uneventful. All the doctor did was use the doppler to listen to the heartbeat and sign-off on more bloodwork (AFP screen). She did have a much easier time finding the heartbeat this time, Oly having grown significantly clearly made the difference.

Jimmy and I are extremely anxious about learning the sex and had hoped that there'd be an ultrasound this week that could give us some idea. Apparently, our insurance doesn't cover what could be considered excessive ultrasound testing if it's not high risk. Ah well, we have our big "ultrasound" scheduled for Tuesday, April 25th and hopefully, things will be plain as day then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment