Monday, April 02, 2007
We had ANOTHER sick baby! Seems Avery caught a stomach virus at daycare last week. Clearly, daycare a breeding ground for all sorts of contagious cooties. Friday morning around 1 a.m. she woke up crying. Since it was her normal feeding time, we went through our normal routine of a quick diaper change and a bite to eat. However, after eating, she tossed it all, then started dry heaving. It was so sad feeling her little tummy knot with sickness and the pained look on her face while it happened. I really didn't think anything of it until later that morning when I got up to feed her before leaving for work.
She tried eating again, but ate very little, then started vomiting again. This continued throughout the day. Fortunately, Fridays are Jimmy's day off, and he was able to call the pediatrician and tend to (as well as clean up after) our Avery. This 24-48 hour virus stifled her eating, but she drank the Pedialyte the pediatrician recommended for hydration and was back to her normal self by Saturday afternoon.
RANT: Not sure I ever mentioned it before, but boy, do I ever hate changing that mother-effing crib sheet! Between the mattress pad and the crib bumper, I swear like a sailor the entire time I'm doing it. Or maybe I'm just a bumbling idiot who does it the hard way.
Can I have some?
Mmmm, nice cold water!
1 Comment:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Do you all have any of the Ultimate Crib Sheets? The best tip I heard was to put down your mattress pad, the regular crib sheet, and then two Ultimate Crib Sheets on top of that. First mess...take off the top Ultimate Crib Sheet (it fits just on top of the mattress and doesn't go down the sides...it's secured to the crib rail so it doesn't move around). Second mess, take off the second Ultimate Crib Sheet, leaving the regular crib sheet and matress pad, which is what you would have started with anyway. So, you can go three messes without having to take apart and reassemble the whole thing. The Ultimate Crib Sheets aren't "cute"--they're just white--but your regular sheets would still show on the side since the Ultimate Crib Sheet just fits on top. Might be something worth considering. We haven't had messes in the crib yet since we just transitioned a week ago, but we've already got this setup and I can really see how it's going to be a headache-saver, especially during the night.
D