Monday, February 04, 2008
I made a cake for my co-workers', brother-in-law's, 40th birthday. She wanted it to be completely covered in black, but I didn't have enough black fondant. Anyway, it was pretty simple and apparently, a big hit! I'm especially proud of my ribbon roses. I've gotten so much better at making them.
I'll be doing more caking in the next few weeks. I want to make Valentine's cakes. And I've been asked to make two cakes for a combined birthday party for soon-to-be 2-year olds from daycare. I'm excited!
I also think I'm going to start a separate blog just for my caking stuff. It'll also include random tidbits of information about cake decorating, largely so I don't have to keep printing stuff and forgetting where I put it. I'd like to think it'd be a useful tool should you one day get the urge to cake too. Keep your eyes peeled!

2 Comments:
-
- Kara said...
February 4, 2008 at 9:04 AMCake as a verb is funny to me.- Kathryn said...
February 4, 2008 at 9:23 AMI hope you are getting paid for these cakes! You are so talented.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
