Monday, March 31, 2008
This weekend it FINALLY happened. No sick baby to hold us back, no sudden turn of events to change our plans. Yes, Jimmy and I had our first overnighter since Avery was born.
Our first overnighter attempt took place on Halloween, but by 9:00 p.m., we got a call from 'Sarah' stating that Avery was vomiting... a lot. This super fly girl's and pimp daddy's halloween plans were immediately squashed. It kinda sucked. We love being parents and certainly wanted to be there to care for our baby, but damned if we weren't excited about some uninterrupted adult alone time.
After watching 'Sarah's' son Friday night for her first overnighter in a long time, she took Avery on Saturday, and I'll tell ya, it was great being able to relax and not worry about pickups, etc.
We dropped Avery off at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, took in a movie, had dinner and met up with friends visiting from out of town. We stayed out really late. To get a great night's sleep, enjoy breakfast and not have to watch cartoons first thing in the morning, was great. But I'll tell ya, by 9:00 a.m., we were chomping at the bit, so excited to see our darlin' little girl.
My former coworker and good friend Jen, was visiting AZ with her friends from college this weekend and we got together with her Saturday night. (We went to a club in Scottsdale and boy, it's been a while since I'd been to a club, but Jimmy and I had fun!) She and her friend then stayed at our place last night before heading to the airport today. It was sooOOOOoo great to see her and Avery adored her! Jen took some great pictures, which I'll add to the blog after she sends a few my way.
Avery & Jen
Avery was hamming it up for Jen and her friend Heather, smiling up at them for pictures. She even said "cheese"! But when I asked her for some cheese, this is what I got. Then she turned around and smiled for them again. I guess I'm not her favorite papparazzo.
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
