Monday, May 18, 2009
The ever-changing Avery, that is what I shall now call her. If it's not 'put a sock in it, Mommy', it's 'daddy, stay away from me,' or some other quick, attitudinal retort. She's definitely got sass.
A few things of note:
- We're officially done with the crib. After countless nights w/ her ending up in our bed, she's now sleeping in a queen size bed. I'm not sure if it's because the crib matress just became too uncomfortable, but I'm willing to bet she likes the space. No doubt she spreads out and pushes and kicks herself all the space she wants in our bed. Oh, to sleep again...again. Oh, I don't think I owned a queen size bed until my sophomore year in college, is she spoiled? At least we can skip the toddler/twin bed phases and she has something she can really grow into(which saves us money too!).
- We've also graduated from the tub. For the 1st time last week, Avery asked to take a shower, which we were happy to oblige. As I'm sure you can imagine, it's mostly just washing the back, because that's about the only place she'll let the water touch her. Although, there is a significant amount of spray, so I guess I can understand. But, she'll let you wash her back, if you let her wash yours first. For all these reasons, it's great to have a shower stall...fortunately, slippage is pretty much a non-issue.
- All things are done solo, to be exact - 'NO! I do it myself!' Whether it's getting dressed, undressed, getting in the car, oh, wait, and out of the car, getting the milk out of the refrigerator (fun.), cutting her food (w/ the duller than dull toddler knife), oh and the list goes on, and on and on. Next thing you know, she's going to be driving herself to school, before she knows how to ride a bike.
- She's a fish. Well, not exactly. It's definitely pool weather in these parts and we've been making the most of it. But little missy, in her state of independence, thinks she can just walk around the pool, as if it doesn't get deep. Needless to stay, she walked off her step several times and gone under. All while under our careful watch, of course, but still. This kid is fearless. It does not deter her at all. Top of our to-do list this summer...swimming lessons. Avery needs to hang with the Cull twins for a few pointers.
- In addition to the swim lessons, this kid needs to dance. So, we're looking for dance classes too. She's shakes her booty on command and even changes her style of dance with the kind of music that's playing. It's actually pretty fascinating to watch.
Until the next change...
Fun w/ pool floaties.
Nap time in the guest bedroom. Crashed after a full morning of activity and pool time.
1 Comment:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Avery is quite the little grown up! I can't believe she prefers showers! Too cute!