Thursday, October 22, 2009
Yep, I've been remiss in my posting. I'd like to blame it on having a sick, and therefore grumpy toddler, but it's mostly pure neglectedness (yah, I totally just coined that).
Avery has an ear infection and the most heinous smoker's cough you can imagine. Between the snot, hack and sleepless nights, things haven't been the most fun. Did I mention the grumpiness? Sick Avery is NOT fun to be around. Upside, she's super cuddly (so long as you're holding her the right way and don't speak). I digress. In keeping with tradition, we took Elijah and Avery to the Arizona State Fair. We have a friend who is the fair's marketing director and she gave us free admission and ride tickets. Score! And we were super excited because both kids were tall enough to ride a few rides. First up, the carousel (how the heck do you spell that?). I've discovered that I'm not much of a fan. Probably because I'm just standing there, holding onto a toddler bobbing up and down on her 'ho-sey' and spinning around and round. Whew...I'm getting dizzy as I write this. Not to mention the creepy music. Of course, Avery and Elijah thoroughly enjoyed it.


Sadly, I don't have any pictures of the four of us on the jumbo slide, complete w/ potato sack. That 'ride' was fun all around. So much so, that we did that one several times.
And my personal favorite was the mini rollercoaster; the one ride Avery and Elijah could do all by themselves. They were both a little hesitant about what was going on, but once that thing started moving, it was smiles all around. Avery even threw her hands up in true rollercoaster form.



Yep, we were the dork parents waving and smiling and snapping countless pictures too.
1 Comment:
-
- Ryan and Trish said...
October 22, 2009 at 1:37 PMGrumpiness is the WORST part of sick kids, in my opinion. Carter's the same way when he's sick and when he's tired...or just when he wants to be left alone. I blame it on the Magee side of the gene pool. Hope Avery's sniffle free soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
