Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Two very significant things happened this weekend.
1. Saturday was the baby shower! Jimmy and I got a lot of great stuff for Oly, and are very appreciative of the thoughtfulness of our family and friends! Kudos and thanks to my mom and Kara for a great time!
Here are a few pictures:

As an aside, Jimmy and I are a little freaked out by how small newborn diapers are (which, strangely, don't come with directions) and how small a newborn onesie is too. When I think newborn baby, I think the size of a 3-month old and I'm so sorely mistaken. Now, we're just hoping we don't break her.
2. I was traumatized by the discovery of my first stretch mark. It's about half an inch long on my stomach, just right (my right) of my belly button. This first display is only a sign of what's sure to come in the next 8 weeks (and possibly afterwards). I'm NOT excited.

***************************************************************
I went and watched my rec-league basketball team play last night and boy, I sure do miss playing. Strangely, I felt sorta like I did in college...watching from the bench and cheering on my team. What's funniest is that just being there and cheering totally got my heart rate up. It was as if I was out there playing! How pathetic am I, getting winded while riding the pine? Ha!

Here are a few pictures:

As an aside, Jimmy and I are a little freaked out by how small newborn diapers are (which, strangely, don't come with directions) and how small a newborn onesie is too. When I think newborn baby, I think the size of a 3-month old and I'm so sorely mistaken. Now, we're just hoping we don't break her.2. I was traumatized by the discovery of my first stretch mark. It's about half an inch long on my stomach, just right (my right) of my belly button. This first display is only a sign of what's sure to come in the next 8 weeks (and possibly afterwards). I'm NOT excited.

***************************************************************I went and watched my rec-league basketball team play last night and boy, I sure do miss playing. Strangely, I felt sorta like I did in college...watching from the bench and cheering on my team. What's funniest is that just being there and cheering totally got my heart rate up. It was as if I was out there playing! How pathetic am I, getting winded while riding the pine? Ha!

0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

