Tuesday, August 01, 2006
PHOTO: Twenty-nine extra pounds of sweetness, refering to our little girl of course, not the excessive amounts of ice cream and all things sweet I crave these days that are contributing to my growth. I like to think it's all baby...but it's not. ;-)I'm now in the final stretch of pregnancy and I'm hating every minute of it.
It's impossible to sleep at all anymore. Sleeping on my sides now hurts my arms. I slept on the couch Sunday night because I could lay on my back in a more upright position, but that was short lived...our couch is too squishy. We need a recliner. Maybe I'll give the rocking chair a try tonight.
Oly is REALLY active in the middle of the night now and her kicks and positioning/repositioning has become quite regular at o'dark-thirty. So, if anyone feels like instant messaging with me between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 3:30 a.m., I'm up. I'm either up watching infomercials or surfing the web.
My engagement ring and wedding band are starting to give my finger the sausage-link look. My fingers are pudging up, which means soon enough, the rings will have to come off. In this case, do I put them on a chain for an unattractive neck adornment (very traditional for prego women), or spend $15 at Nordstrom on something larger (ring-size wise, not carat) and obnoxiously fake? I've heard too many stories of the the evil glares of strangers who think unadorned women are careless, soon-to-be single mothers.
All-in-all, I'm super-duper excited for her to get here! I was sort of ambivalent about it all probably because I'm not lovin' pregnancy, but now reality has set in and she's-a-comin'! And I can't wait. Jimmy too! He's going to be such a good daddy!
1 Comment:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

If you think Oly's active at night now, just...you..wait. Whatcha got now is merely a silent movie, if you know what I mean and I think you do... ;)
You're lookin' good. Hang in there.
mm