CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 30, 2006

Fun With Animals

This weekend we ventured for the first time into Denver. It's a quick one-hour drive from Frisco and we were hoping to get some shopping in and feed my craving for Olive Garden, of which there are none in this area (mmm salad and bread sticks).
The Cherry Creek shopping center is VERY nice. It has every amenity you would want; from Louis Vuitton and Tiffany to the Gap and Macy's. Having just relocated from San Francisco it was strange to venture into a shopping center that had plentiful and FREE parking, high and low end shopping and your average throng of people (not the hoards of Union Square or Broadway Plaza in WC). It was so refreshing to be among normal shopping, that if we lived in Denver, we wouldn't miss the Bay Area so much. Don't get me wrong, Frisco isn't bad, but the highlight of my shopping takes place at Walmart, where I'm usually only buying diapers. Just up the road, Silverthorne is nice, in that it has a lot of outlet stores (Nike, Coach, Old Navy, Calvin Klein, etc.), but it doesn't have the same feel or selection of your local mall. I guess the upside is that not being near a mall keeps me from spending money I don't have now that I'm not working.
I did make one fun purchase. Avery's nursery theme is part of Target's Tiddliwinks Safari collection. It includes a giraffe, lion and turtle. It seems that a lot of the clothing and toys that we've accumulated or we given include giraffes, which is, by far, my favorite of the trio. Well, we walked past a Build-A-Bear shop where I became ecstatic and giddy that I could build a giraffe. Pictures with Avery and her new friend are below. I had way too much fun with the giraffe I've lovingly named Clarence. It's unclear if the giraffe was really purchased for Avery or for my own entertainment.
Our adventure to Denver also included my first real attempt at nursing in public. At the restaurant, Avery wouldn't take the bottle we planned to give should she get hungry. I wasn't about to run to the car to feed her, so I draped a receiving blanket over my shoulder and did my best. It began with my blindly stabbing her in the face with my nipple hoping her mouth connected with it in one of the many feeble attempts. Then came the kicking and flapping of the arms narrowly exposing my leaky booby which is now getting milk all over the kid's face and up her nose as she roots for said nipple. Once we "connected" she proceeded to suck and slurp quite loudly before getting a solid latch and eating as she should. Once she was satisfied, the next challenge was redressing under the blanket with flailing baby who is covered in milk and desperately needs burping (must burp quickly to prevent projectile spittle). I managed, but it wasn't fun. I hope I don't have to do it again anytime soon.
Halloween pics tommorrow!
Another cute stomach-sleeping photo with ass in the air.
Extreme close-up with a hint of giraffe on her bouncy chair

Avery & Clarence

Yes, Clarence is wearing pink hightops. I coudn't help it!

Clarence, Avery and her binky

Cute closeup

2 Comments:

  1. DMB said...
    LOVE Clarence the giraffe!! :) And I love his pink high-tops the best!! LOL Avery's so precious...her eyes look so expressive, and her untamed hair makes me smile every time. :)

    Hope you're adapting okay to Colorado!!

    D
    Anonymous said...
    Where are the Halloween Pics??

Post a Comment