CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 05, 2007

Muffin Top

So, I've lost all the baby weight, and for the most part, my clothes fit me the way they used to. However, there are two exceptions...

1. My boobs are ridiculous. So large that, any of the cute medium-sized tops I own are too short or just don't fit properly because of my buxom-ness (if that's even a word).

2. While I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight, the weight is distributed differently now. Despite the number of crunches I do at the gym, my mid-section is still squishy. It kills me. I never had rock hard abs, but my stomach was much more tone than it is now. I'm running again and still losing weight, but I have a muffin top.

What is a muffin top you ask? I have a former colleague to thank for turning me on to this phenomenon. I believe it's most common among college-age women, who, while having a positive body image, feel comfortable wearing jeans/pants probably two sizes too small. The snug fit creates waistband overflow of their mid-section-softness...which resembles the top of a muffin. I hope you get the picture.



Needless to say, I'm not wearing junior size 11 jeans anymore and I'm not muffin-topping my way into my 10's. My 12's will have to do for now.



She'll put anything in her mouth, or at least try to

She loves her frozen teething ring

She does funny things with her lips and mouth these days

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I can only hope I introduced you to the MUFFIN TOP phenomenon!
    Dude, whatever, don't already have a baby AND be smaller than me.... ;-)

    Avery looks sooooo cute!!! Those locks of hair are lookin' long and silky these days ;-) but I do miss the 'fro! What a punkin.

    - Jen

Post a Comment