CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 30, 2007

Legs in Back -- Ass in Face

Avery is typically our wonderful sleeper. For many months, we've enjoyed restful eves from a kid who's slept the night away in her crib. Until about two weeks ago. Since then, our kid is a major fuss-bucket.
We had attributed it to teething. Getting four teeth at once can really do a number on your sleep; especially since new teeth wiggle most around 2-3 a.m. (or so I'm told). Also, Avery is definitely in her manipulation stage --lots of crying without tears and minor tantrums -- but we don't figure she's doing this in the wee hours for kicks. So, we've gotten into the (bad) habit of bringing her into bed with us when she's inconsolable. We do it for what we think is our own sanity and need for sleep, but somehow only one out of the three of us is getting much shut-eye.
Avery immediately falls back asleep, but takes a while to get comfortable. She tosses and turns, sits up then falls over, whips from her back to her front, losses her binky then finds it again. It's quite an event and can be funny if you weren't trying to sleep, which, unfortunately, we are.
Mom and dad get treated with kicks in the back AND the front, fingers in eyes, headbutts and the more often than not, diaper ass in the face. Nothing quite like the smell of warm pee to drift off to sleep to.
I hope this doesn't last much longer and that she returns to her old sleep habits. However, we still have a lot of teeth headed our way. I guess the upside (or downside) is that we're getting a king sized bed this weekend. That either gives her more space to sleep in, or gives her more space to torment mom and dad.
On another note, yesterday was Jimmy's 32nd birthday! Woo-hoo! He played golf and we had a couple of his buddies over for barbeque and beer.
I made a cake for him that had a golf theme and then forgot to take a picture of it before we cut into it. It was a 10" and 8" tiered cake. Bottom tier was carrot cake with cream cheese filling and top tier was devil's food with cookies and cream filling. Both layers were decorated with golfer's green fondant and molded white chocolate golf balls.
I didn't prepare as far in advance as I normally would, so I was a little rushed in getting it done. In my opinion, the cake tasted better than it looked. Also, despite having the A/C blasting, I'm having trouble adjusting to using fondant in the Arizona heat...my cakes sweat a lot. So, this gives me one more practice cake before the big one in September! Ack!
**Sorry there are no pictures posted. I'll post this evening**

1 Comment:

  1. Desi said...
    I had a real nice lough on you guys! Sorry I loughed at you, but I can so understand what you are going through...its almost as if we are( or I am) going through very similar experience. Toria just got two more teeth on the bottom, so that totals 6. Gash..how many were they suposed to be...I guess the sleepless nights are stil not over for neither of us. Hang in there!
    Love ya!

Post a Comment