CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 03, 2007

The Weekend of Doreen

You may recall, through previous posts (okay, just one), that my birthday is celebrated on Labor Day weekend. And on said weekend, I have a wonderful husband who pampers me. This year, I didn't know what to expect. We had a long tradition in San Francisco of spa days and dinner at our favorite restaurant, Tommy Toys. Not being in SF, I knew my birthday wouldn't ever be the same, but, dear husband, went above and beyond to make it as close or better.

I hadn't played a full round of golf since I was 7 months pregnant with Avery. And I knew he had two rounds planned for us this weekend. I had no idea what he'd arranged for child care, but he seemed to have it all figured out. And it was great. We played golf Saturday morning with one of Jimmy's good friends from college, and his wife watched Avery for us. When we were done, I was told to pack a bag and be sure it included my bathing suit. Jimmy and the aforementioned friend, Brock, had booked rooms at a local resort for our families. The rest of the afternoon included the pool and poolside drinks. Avery LOVED the pool. She especially enjoyed splashing. We had a pleasant dinner then headed to the casino. Brock & Michelle's teenage daughter Ashley watched Avery. We lost, but not too badly.

The next morning, we played ANOTHER round of golf. And when we were done, the guys watched the kids while Michelle and I got swedish massages at the spa. I admit it, I fell asleep on the table. Hell, I was probably snoring. But being out in the hot Arizona sun really zaps you, and I was completely relaxed, so, well, it happens.

We had another relaxing evening and now we're home, relaxing some more. I love that my birthday is always a long relaxing weekend. Oooh, and my gift...you'll have to wait to see the pictures (posted later today or tomorrow). It's just what I wanted.

And as a side note, it's hard to believe that a year ago, I was 37 weeks pregnant, weighing 40+ pounds more than I do now, with giant boobs and a BIG round belly. Avery's birthday is next week and we can't wait!!


Avery LOVES books!

...especially turning the pages.

And evidently, reading upside down.

Kid, what are you doing?


Are you getting daddy?!


You look a little psycho kid, especially with that cheerio nose ring!

1 Comment:

  1. Mindy and Jeremy Cull said...
    what r u doing for Avery's birthday.. FINALLY maybe we can all get together.. we would love to participate in the 1st year festivities!!!!

Post a Comment