CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 08, 2007

How Did I Get So Lucky?

Unlike my dear husband, I've been fortunate to not have to deal with some of the yucky stuff. And today, was another good day for daddy.
I had to leave early for a breakfast event at work. This meant leaving the house before Bedhead roused for the day. Typically, I take care of getting her changed and dressed while Dad makes us breakfast, however, he was left to do all of these things by himself today. B-Head slept a little later than usual, so Dad was able to get breakfast started, and when he heard Head over the monitor, he stopped what he was doing to greet her.
Oh boy. He was not at all prepared for what he was about to endure and yes, breakfast was burned on account of this.
Since Avery's sleeping through the night, we've sized up her diaper so we don't have to deal with leaky diapers anymore. And by morning, the diaper must weigh at least 10 lbs (exaggerating, of course). This being said, a super-soaked diaper doesn't leave room for much else. And well, when there isn't room, it overflows out. Everywhere. Not at all what daddy was expecting when he walked in.
Let's set the scene. A ridiculously full, overflowing diaper of not-so-fresh stuff. A crawly baby, who sits, stands, dances, pulls at and touches everything. A dad.
I'm not sorry I wasn't home to witness all of this. But it resulted in an incalculable number of wipes, a bathed baby (who had just received a bath the night before), and ALL baby bedding, pajamas and anything else that might have been touched, in the washing machine.
Now I've been spit up on, but that's about it. Bheady has pooped on Dad, given him a surprise in the tub, and now this. I'm down 0-3. Bummer

1 Comment:

  1. DMB (andbabybmakesthree.wordpress.com) said...
    Good timing on that breakfast thing! ;) I think you're conspiring with Avery to pull these things off with just Dad around! ;)

    D

Post a Comment