CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Mall

What can I say about the mall? The mall is a new place for me now. I truly enjoyed shopping before baby. I had the best of all shopping in San Francisco and took advantage of it every chance I could. I was one of those people the day after Thanksgiving taking advantage of the sales first thing in the morning before the crowds advanced. I was usually done by 10:00 a.m. before the massive throngs pushed through the doors.

Last year certainly doesn't count and I don't recognize it as a shopping holiday. We lived in the cold and there wasn't much shopping available. This year, I wasn't all that interested. But I thought I'd venture a little. Mind you, it's wasn't "at the crack" like I was accustomed, but more like 9:00 a.m.

I live about half a mile from Target and it's a pleasant walk through the neighborhood to get there. I wanted to buy birthday and Christmas gifts for our nieces and nephews and figured I'd give it a go. HUGE mistake.

1. While it was a pleasant walk there and Avery was my perfect daughter, pushing a stroller through the madness called Target wasn't my wisest decision. Not to mention it's nearly impossible to manage a basket (large or small) AND a stroller.

2. I bought more than my hands and stroller could manage for the walk home. Once I did get through the doors of my safe-haven, I was sweaty, my hands were cramped and my baby was fussy.

N'er again I say.

Today however, I did go to the Mall. A real mall. A very nice mall. I had a gift card I wanted to use and I thought it might be good for Avery and I to get out the house while Jimmy was golfing. Fortunately, it wasn't crazy. It was surprisingly quiet and slow.

Everything was fine until Avery wanted out of her stroller. Then she wanted back in her stroller, which in turn meant, she didn't really want in, she just wanted to stand in her stroller. This turn of events meant I had to carry her the entire time because when she couldn't walk where she wanted to go, she'd resort to crawling and mommee wasn't havin' that.

The fun part of our trip was the stop in Pottery Barn Kids. THE place to shop for overpriced children's furniture and other assorted goodies. I love this store. Avery enjoyed it too, I have pics to prove it.

Oh, and I didn't mention just how icked out I get with the thought of using a restroom changing table at the Mall. You're gonna be wet kid, at least until we get to the car.

************************************************************
We have two more teeth. Both her upper and lower molars on the left side. This would explain a lot of fussiness, restless sleep and lack of appetite. But she's still otherwise happy. She'll be eating steak before we know it!!
************************************************************


I love this chair! The Oversized Anywhere chair at PBK.

She has a very cute, "I'm-up-to-no-good" look.


And...I'm done.


Ride that pony baby!!!

Actually, once I put her on it, she immediately set out to rockin' on her own and didn't even teeter. But ooph, was she mad when I took her off of it!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment