CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Not Much To Say Today

This daily blogging this is tough, and honestly, I'll be very happy to return to one blog a week. Okay, maybe 2-3, but every day, not likely. However, doing this has really made me that much more aware and observant of Avery. Well, naturally, I'm seeking all fodder I can possibly post here. But it's quite interesting.

We're entering into the separation anxiety phase. I dropped her off at daycare this morning and normally, she willing (and almost too excitedly for my liking) goes into the arms of 'Sarah'. Today, no such luck. It was a whiny, screamfest...sans any tears of course. And since we're slowly weaning her off the binky, not having that as a crutch isn't helping either. Although, we usually acquiesce until she calms down again.

She's adding words to her vocabulary daily. Today it was 'yellow', which includes a lot of tongue action on the ellow part. And binky, which could be a problem down the road. The word association on that one isn't quite there yet, so we're safe for now. And socks = cock, which usually gets a snigger out of dad. Boys.

She's so gabby and we'll have in-depth conversation which only she seems to understand, but she's so engaged and talks so passionately, using her hands to express herself. Can a 14.5 month old be passionate?

I love that she's very physical. She reciprocates all hugs and kisses. Likes to tickle back, or just lay with you ever so gently touching your face. At some point, she won't be so willing to cuddle and hug and follow mommy and daddy all over the house. She'll want to stay over at friends, go to dances and drive. I hope she'll still want to give hugs without being asked or just lay and have long passionate talks about things we both understand.

I love being her mom. I think she gets that. I hope she never forgets it either.

1 Comment:

  1. DMB (andbabybmakesthree.wordpress.com) said...
    Awwww...what a sweet, sweet post! Especially considering it contained the word "cock." ;)

    D

Post a Comment