CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Whole Foods

Whole Foods...also known as Whole Paycheck. It's a grocery store chain that offers primarily natural and organic foods. And Jimmy and I LOOOOOOVE it. We love it so much, well, if asked, "why don't you go marry it?", we would. Trader Joes? Psshaw.
WF reminds us of home. Home being the Bay Area. When we lived in San Francisco, we lived three blocks from this small, yet expensive piece of heaven. Well, heaven has arrived in Chandler.
We drooled over the spaciousness, were in awe of the amount of parking and loved that the crowds we were normally accustomed to in WF, were no where to be found (yet, they've only just opened). We reminisced recalling happy thoughts of their glorious, global wine selection, the juiciest and freshest produce and a fine display of meat that any butcher would be proud of.
As you may be able to tell, I'm completely sold on Whole Foods. It may put a hurtin' on my wallet, but I love it.
NOTE: There's a WF in Tempe, but it sucks big time. It was once some sort of mom & pop natural grocer, in a tiny, itty bitty store, that didn't have the WF feel or charm, just the name. But a WF mecca is now in town and we ventured there tonight for dinner.
This all being said, this post is actually about Avery. From their fresh assortment of hot and cold foods and miles of salad bar, I decided that Avery should try Indian food tonight. It's a shame I didn't take note of what we actually fed her, but it was yummy and she ate every last bite. Basmati rice that had cinnimon (sp?), ginger, curry and hints of other aromatic spices, and a curried chicken that I was worried might be too spicy. It definitely had kick.
This kid was not happy with my diligent patience to see if this chicken would have an adverse effect. She wanted more and she was quite vocal about it (please recall passionate hand movements from yesterday's post and throw in some signs).
I can't help but love that my kid is going to enjoy all sorts of foods. I can't wait to explore further. Thank GOD for Whole Foods!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment