Monday, April 07, 2008
You may or may not have noticed but these days, Avery's hair looks pretty unruly in just about every picture. Those cute days of pigtails or half-up/half-down hair are over. You see, every time I put a hair tie or clip in, Avery immediately sets about trying to remove it. I'm wondering if it's too tight or she's just curious, but it never fails.
Even getting her to sit so I can try to do her hair is a challenge, as evidenced in this video:
Even getting her to sit so I can try to do her hair is a challenge, as evidenced in this video:
It lasted all of 5 seconds.
Yep, this is how the story goes every time. Her trying to run away and me quickly trying to get it done on the move.
And given that her hair is forever in her eyes and ties are no longer an option, we decided to get Avery her first official haircut. Yes, I've cut her hair before, but we figure it's time for professional intervention. I just hopeh she didn't end up looking like a boy.
Almost immediately upon sitting in the car-chair did we have tears; yup, before we even got the drape on. She'd done some crying that I'd never heard before, and honestly, we couldn't help but laugh. The tears come and went throughout, but she survived and even looks like our little girl again.
Just seconds in.
what are you doing?
She saw Dora on the tv and we got a smile.

whhhhhhyyyyyyy...why are you doing this to me?
Tears flowing like Niagara Falls

All done and pouty.

Give this kid a sucker and she's all smiles again.
3 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Victoria does the same, but I had figured out a way to get her to stop: I use the ouchless rubber bands (the smallest ones). I wrap them three times, so there is no taking them out. She tried a few times and gave up. Now she is fine.