Monday, June 23, 2008
N, number 1.
When Avery has a runny nose, she is able to successfully blow on command. She's also become quite an adept picker. Even if there's nothing in there, she'll stick her finger in there, pull it out, look at it and say "eewwww, bogie". She also likes to grab a tissue and wipe our noses. The funny part, she'll look at it (as if we've blown something into it) and say, "EEEEWWWW YUCKY!.
When Avery has a runny nose, she is able to successfully blow on command. She's also become quite an adept picker. Even if there's nothing in there, she'll stick her finger in there, pull it out, look at it and say "eewwww, bogie". She also likes to grab a tissue and wipe our noses. The funny part, she'll look at it (as if we've blown something into it) and say, "EEEEWWWW YUCKY!.
N, number 2.
Daddy thought it'd be cute to teach Avery the word nipple, and of course, associating it with a physical characteristic. But no, not the physical feature you're thinking of.
Mommy has a mole on the left side of her face, along her hairline. Avery would point at and touch it, and I had taught her the word mole (or mulll as she liked to say). HOWEVER, daddy thought it'd be funny ha-ha to teach her to call it a nipple. It was quite a while ago that we tried to teach her either of these terms. Then yesterday, as I'm laying on the couch, Avery walks over to me, points to my mole and says, take a guess, yup...nipple. Obviously, the more entertaining of the two terms stuck, despite how-ever-many times I tried to correct her.
Great. How long will mommy be walking around with a nipple on her head? I can't wait for the public declaration. Knowing my luck, it's sure to happen. Thanks Dad, revenge is a mother... N, number 3.
Yesterday, for the first time EVER, Avery went the day w/out taking a nap. I'm not sure who was crabbier by days end because of this, but I'll tell, ya...everyone was happy when she finally went down at 7:15 (only 45 minutes earlier than her normal bedtime). Not sure if it was because she was out of her normal routine or perhaps we're not stimulating her enough on the weekends to wear her out, who knows. She only napped for 30 minutes on Saturday! Not cool! Not cool at all folks!
Yesterday, for the first time EVER, Avery went the day w/out taking a nap. I'm not sure who was crabbier by days end because of this, but I'll tell, ya...everyone was happy when she finally went down at 7:15 (only 45 minutes earlier than her normal bedtime). Not sure if it was because she was out of her normal routine or perhaps we're not stimulating her enough on the weekends to wear her out, who knows. She only napped for 30 minutes on Saturday! Not cool! Not cool at all folks!
And every night before I go to bed, I check in on our Sleeping Beauty. This is what I discovered the other night.

I even took her out from under it, only to find she's resumed the position later. Maybe bear was making too much noise.
1 Comment:
-
- Desi said...
June 28, 2008 at 1:31 PMOMG, I haven't laughed so hard in a while! I loved the nipple story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
