Monday, June 30, 2008
I was also able to film her singing her ABC's. Well, sort of. She had just completed singing the entire thing for me when I went to grab the camera, ultimately hoping she would do it again. However, getting pictures these days have become more of a challenge because she's more aware of the camera and insists on "seeing Avery". So naturally, she didn't do the whole A thru Z for me, but well, what I got was pretty darn cute.
Saturday, we connected with Jimmy's cousin's Amber and her daughter Jyoti (jo-ti) who were visiting from Washington D.C., at Jimmy's other cousin Julie's house. We struggled through the geneology of things, because Julie is actually Jimmy's mom's cousin, and we had no idea how Avery and Jyoti were related. This may require some Google-y research, unless someone can tell me how many times removed she is or if she's...whatever. I'm already confused. Avery was very cute around the baby.
And yesterday, Jimmy and I took Avery and her buddy Elijah to the circus. Yep, the Ringling Brother's were in town, and aside from the $12 cotton candy (no that is NOT a typo), it was very entertaining and the kids were mesmerized (most of the time). Having never been to the circus myself, I too thought it was a good show.
Avery commenting on her favorite show, The Backyardigans. And no, she doesn't really watch that much tv.

Jyoti

Amber, Jyoti, Jimmy and Avery

Here's what happens when the hair tie comes out. It's huge.

Before the show began. People were allowed down on the floor to see the clowns, animals, etc. We skipped that part.

Enjoying their $12 cotton candy (which was also VERY messy).

And great job on the ABCs!! :)
D
As far as how we're all related...I'm 99% sure of this:
Avery and Jyoti are 2nd cousins. Jyoti is Jimmy's 1st cousins once removed.