Monday, July 21, 2008
I've been in denial. I knew this day might come, but I was hoping to avoid it. Thankfully, it didn't actually happen to me. So maybe, there's still hope.
This weekend, we exchanged overnighter's w/ Avery's regular caregiver, "Sarah". We had Bubby Friday night, while she watched Avery Saturday night. Jimmy and I had a wonderful evening out with friends in Scottsdale. So wonderful, it cost us an $80 cab ride home.
When we called Sunday morning before picking Avery up, "Sarah" told us she had an interesting story to tell about our little miss thang. That morning, she could hear Avery and Bubby on the monitor laughing and talking in his room, but mostly laughing. Since they were entertaining each other, she was going to jump in the shower really quickly before getting them ready for breakfast. For some reason, her instincts told her she should check in on them first.
Upon walking in the room, the unmistakeable smell of dirty diaper immediately overcame her. She asked Bubby, who was in his crib, if he made a stinky and needed new pants, and he told her no. She then looked over at Avery in the pack-n-play and, well, take a giant guess.
Yours truly, had gotten her pajama bottoms off, removed her diaper, and given herself a full-body spa treatment...hair included. While Avery can undress herself, she's never had much success with getting her pants off; obviously that's changed.
"Sarah" had the good fortune of getting to clean up after my poo-poo'd kiddo, who thought it was the funniest thing in the world. It's a good thing Avery is used to and likes to shower, because in this situation, there was no time to draw a bath.
I'm not sorry I missed this. But I was sure sorry for "Sarah", because this stuff is supposed to (and usually does) happen to Jimmy.

We got more pool time this weekend at our friends Jen's club. Avery LOVED the kiddie pool and boy, was it ever tantrum heaven when it was time to leave.

Avery no longer uses a high chair or booster seat for meals. She's a full-fledged tabler now. She even gets herself up and down.
6 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

D
And I don't doubt for a minute that it was laughingly encouraged by Bubby.