Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Our Neighbors
Posted by BellaLovesPink at 9:51 AM Snipit o' info: totally trying to make up for my poor bloggingOur house is in a community called Ocotillo Lakes, and several houses have back yards that overlook water. Some people even have boats in their backyards! We'd love to have a house on the water, but we currently enjoy the privacy factor of not having this feature. As you're entering our community, there are often ducks crossing the road, going from one watery area to the next. It's pretty cool because I LOVE ducks and the baby ducks are just THE cutest.
Well, this morning, a few of our neighbors found their way on to our lawn. Maybe they knew I have an affinity for ducks. We're not that close to the water, so it was a bit of a waddle, although, I figure they probably flew. I think they instinctively knew I was saving some stale hamburger buns for a trip to the 'lakes' later this weekend and wanted first dibs. Either way, it was SO cool having ducks in our yard and Avery LOVED it.
Well, this morning, a few of our neighbors found their way on to our lawn. Maybe they knew I have an affinity for ducks. We're not that close to the water, so it was a bit of a waddle, although, I figure they probably flew. I think they instinctively knew I was saving some stale hamburger buns for a trip to the 'lakes' later this weekend and wanted first dibs. Either way, it was SO cool having ducks in our yard and Avery LOVED it.
Glad to meet our neighborhood ducks.

The cute couple.

Dad showing proper bread-throwing technique

Mid toss
I hate when the cute ones come out blurry!
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
