Monday, April 06, 2009
OMG.
Last night, as we were eating dinner, Avery proclaimed she was done and insisted on washing her hands. Even though Jimmy and I were still eating, Jimmy went with her to the bathroom to clean up. He returns to the table and she follows with her stool in tow. She's playing with it in the middle of the kitchen, standing on it, jumping off of it, turning it over and standing on the underside.
As Jimmy and I finished and began clearing the table, I asked Avery to put her stool back in the bathroom. "OK, Mommy!". Clearing table, storing leftovers, loading dishwasher -- no Avery. It's awfully quiet. I stop what I'm doing to see what our munchkin is up to. Her bedroom light is on, but no Avery. I check the office (which typically holds toy overflow), no Avery.
I notice the bathroom light is on but the door is closed. I slowly push the door open to find this...
wait for it...

OMG! I quietly back away and run to Jimmy to tell him to stop what he's doing and come see. And of course, grab my camera. Without telling us or being asked, Avery successfully pulled down her pants and Pull-Up (dry since nap) and used the big potty. She even wiped!
Please observe the ridiculous amount of toilet paper.
Is she going to use all that?

Yep.
Super proud mama-bear here!
**************************************
We watched Elijah Friday night and Saturday morning, the kids colored Easter eggs.

Jimmy showing them the ropes.
Watching their eggs soak.
Cheese!

Sticker-izing their eggs.
Saturday afternoon, we went to Marisa's birthday party. Avery's friend from daycare.

Swing lover.
HollyWOOD!

Workin' the boots.
2 Comments:
-
- Kara said...
April 6, 2009 at 10:42 AMYou know she's going to kill you for those pictures one day right?- Julie C said...
April 7, 2009 at 12:40 PMCongrats to the BIG girl and to the proud parents... Wooooot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
