CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Long Overdue

Sorry for the lack of blog posts lately.  I liked to blog first thing Monday morning on my computer at work.  I know I shouldn't be blogging during 'business hours', but it was convenient and I could do it uninterrupted before things got busy.  However, I got a virus on my computer at work (not related to my blogger) and it's made it impossible for me to use pretty much anything that involved Google (which owns blogger).  Needless to say, I can blog from home, but it's habit I've not yet gotten into.  I hope that improves.

Here's the haps of late:

If you've been following, you know that we enrolled Avery in swim lessons early this spring.  And boy, has she ever become an excellent swimmer.

Avery can now swim on her own.  Unassisted without a noodle, kickboard, anything.

We've always hoped Avery would be a strong a swimmer, like the Cull twins, and it looks like she's getting there.

She's super confident, swimming underwater and/or using her scoops she's been taught at her lessons.  She's learned how to dive down to the bottom of the pool to retrieve rings and pretty soon she'll be diving from the side.  It's been so neat to watch the transition and we're so proud that she's come this far in such a short time.

We've been swimming every night after dinner where Avery gets lots and lots of practice (and sufficedly tired out).

We also celebrated Avery's 4th birthday on September 11th with a Hello Kitty party.  Of course there was cake, but it also looked like Hello Kitty threw up all over our house.  It was kind of obnoxious, between the decorations and the gifts, but Avery had a blast with all of her friends. 

Avery's still in preschool at ASU and is now in the 4-year old 'Green Frogs' room, where she's 'one of the big kids'.  Ever still our social butterfly and everyone's best friend.

Lastly, at her 4-year well visit, she weighed in at 47 lbs (97th percentile) and 42 inches tall (90th percentile).  She's a big girl! 

This fall/winter we're going to continue with swim lessons and sign her up for soccer!  She's been begging us to play, so once the weather turns from flaming to just hot, we'll get the ball rolling (pun intended, hee hee).

Hope all are well! And I'm going to get back on the blogging wagon!




Avery & Riley blowing bubbles.

Avery's Birthday Cake

Avery & Elijah-bear

Make a wish! 

One of her favorite birthday presents!  We're going to get her lessons soon!

1 Comment:

  1. Kathryn said...
    Good to see you back! I have missed your blog. Glad things are going well and I am very impressed with the little swimmer! Happy fourth b-day to her!

Post a Comment