Tuesday, March 21, 2006
I haven't slept comfortably since I've entered my 2nd trimester, and this whole pregnancy thing is screwing with my sleep. I am a full-on stomach sleeper. I am face buried in the pillow and sleeping on my hands, palms up at my hips. I've never been much of a side sleeper, but I can already tell you how much it sucks.
The pillow between the knees is nice, but that's the only good thing about it. Sleeping on my side gives me the worst pain in my mid to upper back, right between my shoulder blades. I sleep on my side and don't know what to do with my arms, which, when in various positions causes numbness in my hands and fingers or my arms to fall asleep. AND, side sleeping often results in the random whiff of dear husband's lovely midnight breath, which could wake the neighborhood if they too got that close.
I have learned from my doctor that I can sleep on my back, which is sure to lead to snoring as I gain the pregnancy weight. Jimmy's going to LOVE that.
I have learned from my doctor that I can sleep on my back, which is sure to lead to snoring as I gain the pregnancy weight. Jimmy's going to LOVE that.

