CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Oly (pronounced Oh-Lee)

In the spirit of creating life and making things more real (or perhaps, early symptoms of shared pregnancy brain), Jimmy and I have decided to name our fetus. Since we don't yet know if it's a boy or girl, we wanted to be able to reference it as something other than just 'the baby'. We have agreed upon Oly (see pronunciation above).

To give you some history, during the 2006 Winter Olympics we watched a lot of hockey. We particularly enjoyed watching the Finland, Sweden and Denmark teams because we liked repeating the names after the commentators pronounced them. Our favorites were Olli and Kenny Jokinen (yoke-e-nin) and Jorgen Jonsson (yorgen yawn-sen). Jimmy especially enjoyed saying Olli Jokinen and yodeling 'Olli' randomly throughout the day; it had become both amusing and annoying. Jimmy at one point said we should name our unborn Olli Jokinen Magee, and from that moment, I looked forward to the Olympics being over so the name would escape him forever.

Well, needless to say it's back, and I kinda like it, but not as our kid's name, of course. I think Jimmy secretly hopes it sticks as a nickname.

1 Comment:

  1. Heather said...
    We can't wait to meet Baby Oly Magee! We are so happy for you both!! Lots of love and good wishes, Chris, Heather, Rose & Nathan

Post a Comment