CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

(26 Weeks) Cars

PHOTO: Sorry there's no photo this week. I am traveling back from NCAA meetings in Indianapolis and the time change did a number on me physically, so it's doubtful it would have been a good one anyway.

So, the lease on the Mercedes is expiring next month and it's time to start thinking family automobile. In jest (or not), people have asked if we were planning on getting a minivan; I scoff at such comments. Whom of you can envision me driving a minivan?! Ew...okay, strike that awful thought from your head! Jimmy and I are WAAAAY too cool!

Anyway, we dropped into the Mercedes dealership last Saturday after the Giants got their asses kicked, about upgrading our leased coupe to a C3-something sedan. Apparently, since we are returning customers, we would get a great deal. We even took a test drive...I drove, Jimmy was afraid. NOTE: there is NOTHING wrong with my driving. It was quite nice, but is there such thing as a good deal on a luxury automobile? And is it really kid-friendly?

Stop #2. From there, we were on a mission; we wanted to look at several cars. Next was the Ford dealership. Jimmy's really into the Escape and they're not that bad. The salesman really had our ear and the mini-SUV's are spacious, easily parked in the city and SO affordable!

Our last stop was the Nissan dealership. Jimmy had been eyeing the XTerra for a while and I regret him ever showing it to me, because it was by far my favorite. The downside is, it's not practical compared to the Escape or nearly as affordable. It's just another oversized, gas-guzzler we'd have a hard time parking. But DEFINITELY kid friendly and spacious.

Who knows what we'll end up doing? I still have my Audi (which is paid for), so at least we'll only have two cars instead of three. I'll keep you posted.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment