Tuesday, August 29, 2006
PHOTO: I like this picture better. 37wks3da
I can barely stand it! I'm now at the point where I am making weekly prenatal visits to my OB (every Tuesday morning), which means I'm SOOOOOO close!
I can barely stand it! I'm now at the point where I am making weekly prenatal visits to my OB (every Tuesday morning), which means I'm SOOOOOO close!
As I updated in last week's blog, I noted that I was 50% effaced* and 0 cm dialated. In two previous posts, I indicated that I did not want to know how many centimeters I was dialated because I didn't think I could handle the disappointment of thinking I was further along than I actually was. I wanted to clarify that this only applies to active labor. I don't mind knowing how close I am now since I'm still so far from my due date (9/19) and not in any stages of labor.
I'm very eager and anxious to deliver. Surprisingly, I'm not at all nervous about what's to come and I'm actually quite intrigued by the "pain" I'm expected to feel. Is that odd?
**************************************************
Today's appointment: 50% effaced, 1 cm dialated
**************************************************
Tonight is our hospital tour and tomorrow night is our Newborn Care class.
*effacement: shortening of the uterine cervix and thinning of its walls as it is dilated during labor. The cervix begins at 0% effaced (normal pear-shaped size) and once it's 100%, it's paper thin and opening (dialating).
2 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ryan, Trish & boys
D