Thursday, March 08, 2007
I don't know exactly what to attribute this to, but my milk supply has diminished significantly. So much so, that Avery is now being supplemented with formula while at day care.
Sadly, the mantra "the more you pump the more you produce" doesn't apply to me. I guess it's partly my own fault that I didn't pump and freeze more milk while I wasn't working. And the cache that I did have was quickly eaten away by my growing daughter. The bigger she gets, the more milk she needs, and that's more than I can pump. For a kid who eats 4-7 ounces a feeding, the most I can seem to get is 3 oz per boob, although she seems to get enough when she's eating directly from me. I guess it's too bad that I'm not close enough to her day care to feed her while on my lunchbreak.
Oh well. I guess this will make weaning a lot easier.
3 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It will be ok, Doreen. Our bodies can only do so much some times. I gave away about 3 gallons of frozen milk to my friend and now I regret that I did not keep some in the freezer. It is all good though because the milk was not wasted...they had enough when they needed it the most. I still nurse Tori at night, so she gets some as a treat :)))
Love you guys!
D
Kathryn