CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's Official!

We are sleeping through the night! Yahoo!!

Previously, Avery would wake up around 1:00 a.m. for a diaper change and feeding. Of late, she'd been waking up at 11:30 p.m. and at this time, I would give her a bottle (because of my diminishing milk supply) and she'd eat anywhere from 2-6 ounces before nodding off back to sleep. Then, on occasion, she'd wake again at 4 a.m. to eat.

But alas, last night she went to bed at 7:30 p.m. and didn't wake until 6:30 this morning. Suffice it to say, it wasn't a restful night of sleep for mom and dad, who woke often wondering when she was going to wake up too. We just hope the pattern continues!

Perhaps it helped that we stuffed her full of food before bedtime. She ate half a tub of carrots, half a tub of applesauce, 3 ounces of formula and some boob juice. The funniest part about last night was that I put her to bed in one position and when I went to collect her this morning, she was laying in the completely oppposite position. She's wiggly. I see crawling in our future.

2 Comments:

  1. DMB said...
    That's AWESOME about her sleeping through the night!! Sounds like it could've been the cluster of food before bedtime that did the trick...I say keep that up for sure!

    Sounds like it's time to start childproofing the house if you haven't already. You're going to have a mobile Avery soon!! :)

    D
    Mindy and Jeremy Cull said...
    that is great, we were soo happy when the twins started sleeping through the night! For some reason I got SUPER lucky and they started sleeping 9pm-9am at about 12 weeks and have pretty much kept it up.. I think because we have 2, god was nice and blessed me.. hee hee! YAY for Avery that is a HUGE milestone for mommy and daddy!

Post a Comment