Monday, April 23, 2007
How do you get a baby who hates to be on her stomach, get up on to her hands and knees?
If you have the answer, please let us know. We're so ready for Avery to start crawling. Without fail, she'll reach for something just out of her reach, brace herself from falling with her arm, then continue to fall over. When on her tummy, rolling over is automatic. She'll occasionally, get up on to her arms and wiggle her legs, but then, wham, on her back.
Are we overly anxious parents who can't wait for our munch-o to be mobile and speak? Although, I guess we should take each milestone in stride, we're finally sleeping through the night, so that should be good enough for now.

We get lots of tummy time these days.

Wanna bet where she's going? Yep, on to her back.
About to face plant.
Ha! What? Me, crawl? So funny!***********************************************************************
I've recently become obsessed with the show Ace of Cakes! I don't consider what they do baking, I consider it art. As such, I'm now obsessed with fondant (fawn-daw -- in your crudest french accent-- as my dear husband likes to say). So, I've decided that I'm going to make Avery a very decorative cake for her birthday and I've given myself five months to practice. Every month, I'm going to make a cake using fondant and trying different designs. My ultimate goal will be a baby's toy block with a #1 and the letter "A" on a side, built like one of her existing plush blocks.
Last night was my first attempt and I consider it a critical success. It DEFINITELY has its flaws and with all the fawn-daw on it, I can't even imagine eating it, but it's a start. We'll see what I put together next month.

White cake with a chocolate ganache filling (all FROM SCRATCH) and covered in almond flavored fondant.
4 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Perhaps Avery's going to be one of those kids that skips crawling and goes straight to walking? Glad to hear the sleeping through the night is continuing.
LOVE the cake! Omigosh, it looks beautiful (the colors are AWESOME!), and the flavors sound to die for! This is an awesome project, and I can't wait to see The Grand Finale Cake at the end. :)
D
Congrats on the lovely cake, great 1st try . . . can't wait for next month! MOM
I got my kids to crawl by placing an empty 2 liter soda bottle on the floor just inches away from them. They would nudge it with their hands and then want to go after it. That was how we handled it with both kiddies. And of course, mom is always right, she will crawl when she is ready!
Oh yeah, and she is so FREAKIN' gorgeous!
~Beth