Friday, August 17, 2007
Here's my August cake! I'm VERY pleased.
Made if for a combo mini-birthday party for Avery and Rose, daughter to our very good family friends who are visiting Arizona from Washington. Both Avery and Rose have September birthdays, so why not have cake!!
It's nice to have Friday's off to be able to "cake" uninteruppted. I'd done most of the prep work beforehand (daisy's & dragees, baking the cakes, mixing the frosting, etc.) and all I had to do was assemble. This part still took me three hours, though.
This cake will also be the first cake to travel. And in the AZ heat, you know the air conditioning will run FULL BLAST!
Details: 8" & 6" tiers. Lower is red velvet, top is butter. Filled with buttercream frosting and topped with fondant and fondant accents.
As far as Avery's cake next month, I don't know that I'm as inspired to make what I'd originally imagined creating (decoratively) six months ago when I started this project. But you can bet it will be perfect!
3 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I can't wait to see the cake next month!
D