Monday, August 13, 2007
Uncertain Steps Shall Be Taken
Posted by BellaLovesPink at 8:00 AM Snipit o' info: Toothy ToothersonI'm not sure when, but hopefully some time soon.
On several occasions, and most often without realizing it, Avery has stood on her own without holding on to something; upwards of 15 seconds. I find it unbelievably remarkable, but of course, I'm her mother, and she awes me with something wacky every day. For example...
We've observed her cognitive thinking in full effect. The remote to our dvd player has a battery cover on the back that you pull back with your finger and lift simultaneously to remove. She has mastered this technique, knowing precisely where to place her finger, before gently pulling it back and lifting. The coolest part, is that she tries to put it back on, so she can take it off again. She hasn't figured out that part just yet, but we've demonstrated how to do so, so maybe that will catch on too.
Though not that difficult, she figured out how to open daddy's cell phone and loves turning it over in her hands examining it. I think she enjoys opening it purely for the fact that the lights come on and a picture of herself appears on the screen. That may be a stretch, but the opening and closing of the phone results in at least 45 minutes of uninterrupted entertainment for her.
Lastly, and what I think is best, is daddy's little game of "Where's the button?" She's always shown a keen interest in buttons since she could sit up. They're on our duvet covers, and when she's in bed with us, she points at them, tries to eat them, and rip them from the bed. And of course, they're on our clothing, most easily found on daddy's polo shirts. When she'd point to them, he'd always repeat to her button..button..button (which after you say it enough, it starts to sound weird). Now if you ask her where the button is, she'll point to a button on your shirt, shorts or jeans. My kid is a frickin' genius! (biased mom-speak). Gotta love it though!

Hard at play.

Why are you bothering me AGAIN, Mom?! I'm busy here!

Hi Rita, thanks for the cool shirt!
A wet slobbery mess.
Yo.

I'm cool.

What's the deal with the camera ALLthe time?

I'll smile for it though!
And show you my pearly whites!
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
