Monday, January 14, 2008
Avery had her 16-month birthday last Friday and we're creeping up on 18-months! Where does all the time go?
Avery recently made a trip to the pediatrician's office because of a high fever, so we know that she's currently weighing in at 23lbs.
So, Avery's really been struggling with her lower right molar. It just doesn't want to come in. One of the four peaks of the tooth have come through, though no new progress with the rest of them. This is what is what we believe is causing a lot of discomfort for her. She's uber fussy, not interested in eating and last week, spiked a high fever.
This weekend though, she was acting like her old self again. Cruising the house, doing her dance and chatting up a storm. We took a stroll through the neighborhood this weekend in her Red Flyer Wagon, which we've had since she was about four months old. I'm finding more and more lately, that kids travel like royalty, between the cushie car seats, shock-absorbing strollers and how we fuss over them so. I kid you not, I was jealous of her. And of course, she fell asleep.
Avery's been doing a lot of self-feeding lately...AND WITH UTENSILS!! We're so proud and she gets a big "yay" from us when she's successfully stabbed her meat or spooned her food and gotten it all in her mouth. Oh what joy the little things bring!
Lastly, I made a cake for Jimmy to take to work for a post-holiday luncheon. Nothing exciting really, but I thought I'd share.

The queen in her chariot.

And at rest.
Jimmy had put her down for a pre-nap bottle, but she just didn't make it and conked in her chair.
They're cute when they're awake and when they're sleeping.

Self-feeding!!

Cake
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
