CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 15, 2010

Crazy Busy Weekend

This was one of those weekend that can only be described as a complete blur.  There was so much going on, both in the house and outside the house, around it...ugh.

Friday night, Avery's friends Riley and Elijah stayed over.  They were actually the easy part of the evening, because after dinner, they watched the recently released Toy Story 3.  After they went to bed I starting assembling the cake I started earlier in the week for Avery's twin friends, James & McKenzie's 4th birthday party on Saturday.  AND, while I was doing that, Jimmy was also in the kitchen bottling his first batch of home-brewed beer (an ESB, in case you were wondering).  Um yeah, crazy.

Saturday, after Jimmy and I alternated trips to the gym, clothed the kids and fed them breakfast, he cut the grass and I started working on Riley's cake for her birthday party on Sunday.  Thankfully, the kids are at an age where there is so much imaginative play, that I can be a worker in the castle-kitchen for the two princesses and king, and still be able to cake whilst they play.

After feeding them lunch, kids were shuttled and dropped off at their respective homes, birthday presents were purchased, one cake is delivered and I leave Avery & Jimmy at Little Gym before heading to work the ASU football game.  Avery LOVED Little Gym.  Having never been before, we need to start frequenting that place more often.




I'm really glad I finished Riley's cake early, so Jimmy and I could enjoy a relaxing evening before another birthday party and cake the next day.  We had dinner with friends, enjoyed our time together and relished in the fact we'd actually get to sleep in the next day and enjoy a leisurely breakfast.  We LOVE trade babysitting!

Riley's birthday was at another interactive-wear-your-kid-out kind of place called Pump It Up.  I've posted about it before here.  It was even better this time around because were didn't have to chase Avery around; she had her friends, giant inflatable slides and jumping castles galore.  She was having a blast!  After pizza and cake, we headed home where Avery proceeded to take a 2 hour nap.  NICE!

Still, our weekend was far from over. Jimmy started brewing me a vanilla porter, I made two orders of cake balls, we barbequed, steam cleaned the tile (powdered sugar is a bad, bad thing) and gave Avery a bath.  Oh, and after everyone else was asleep, I was able to finish season 2 of Dexter. 

Overall, very productive, with something to be done around every corner.  I'm hopeful next weekend involves more couch time and dvr.

If you want to check out the cakes, visit my other blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment