CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Drat!

I forgot to blog yesterday.  My bad!

Thanksgiving was very quiet.  Jimmy's cousin Travis joined us for dinner where Avery willingly tried and ate some of everything on her plate.  She loved gravy and strangely enough, it wasn't until now that she's been willing to eat mashed potatoes.  There are things she loved as a baby she still won't touch, mashed potatoes being one of them, but they are about as benign as you can get, right? 

I made turkey cookies and pumpkin pie.  My pie was completely from scratch -- crust, filling and even the whipped cream.  Pumpkin pie is one of the few pies I'll actually eat.  I have an aversion to cooked fruit, so apple, cherry, etc., don't fly with me.  But pumpkin is hard to screw up and Avery even ate some, so it was a winner.

The next day we broke out the decorations and put up the Christmas tree, much to Avery's delight.  Every year, celebrating Christmas with her gets that much more exciting for her, and that much more thrilling as a parent.  Her excitement excites us and gets us that much more in the spirit. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and is gearing up for the Christmas holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment